Choose some questions below that interest you and ask your friends. If you are studying by yourself, think about how you would answer these questions, using full sentences as much as possible.
1. Do you ever travel by plane?
2. Do you enjoy travelling by airplane? Why or why not?
3. How old were you the first time you flew?
4. Were you afraid the first time you were on an airplane?
5. What was the longest flight you have taken?
6. Do you prefer window seats or aisle seats?
7. What do you like to do during long flights?
8. Can you sleep on an airplane?
Ask these questions to your friends and be ready to continue the conversation by asking follow up questions.
1. What are the advantages of traveling by airplane? What are the disadvantages?
2. Do you know someone who is afraid of flying in an airplane?
3. What advice can you give to someone who is afraid of flying?
4. Would you like to be a pilot? What might be some of the requirements for the job?
5. Would you like to be a flight attendant? Why might it be a good job? Why might it be a challenging job?
6. What are some ways that airlines could improve the flying experience for passengers?